Re: About NM and Next Release

* Noah L. Meyerhans (noahm@debian.org) [030806 19:20]:
> In fact, I believe the whole DAM
> process would be more effective if we *required* that you made
> non-trivial contributions to Debian *before* the DAM would create an
> account for you.

I second. At cleaning up wnpp I saw more than once mass filled ITPs by
a person hoping to get DD (the last is only assuming), and that were
then retitled by QA any time later and are now about to be closed.

It's IMHO not the optimal way to get a DD in filling two ITPs,
uploading both packages and then expect to become a DD immediatly.

> Additionally (strictly my opinion here, others will undoubtedly
> disagree), I believe that Debian's long release times are caused by it
> being too big, rather than not big enough.

Mostly true. It's true for the next web immage gallery, but if someone
is adding e.g. a language teaching software this would really be a
good contribution. (I'm not speaking in opposit to adding another web
image galery. But if the galery has any non-trivial bugs I personally
would encourage developers to work on other items, and rather drop the
code, except it has addworthy features compared to all other
programms. However, as long as anyone volunteers to keep the package
in a good state, and it doesn't put burden on debian, it's ok to keep
it.)

Cheers,
Andi
--