Re: About NM and Next Release

Chris Cheney wrote:

> The only people
> actually waiting that long now (aiui) are people James does not want in
> the project at all.

Then why are they left hanging indefinitely rather than being rejected?

> Also, it seems like most DD's don't maintain many packages anyway. Yes
> there are other things that a DD can do other than just maintain
> packages, like help with web translations, boot floppies, etc. But nearly
> two thirds of the developers/sponsored developers maintain 4 sources or
> less [0]. If even half of those 746 maintainers focused on helping close
> RC bugs we would probably be close to releaseable today.
>
> We don't need more people to throw at the problem, we need more people
> willing to do work for the project.

Is there something wrong with maintaining only a few packages,
especially if the time has one has available to do Debian work is quite
limited?

Are you suggesting that someone who maintains only a few packages is
more trouble than they're worth, and that the project would be better
off if they just quit?

Craig