Re: NM non-process

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:56:20 -0400
Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:01:55AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:30:11 -0400
> > Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
> > > I don't see your name on http://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php.  What part of
> > > the process are you claiming is broken?

> >     I wasn't aware my name had to be on the list to recognize that some
> > have been there for years.

> And neither does the fact that some have been there for years indicate
> anything in particular.

    Actually, I think it does.  They should either be accepted or rejected
within x days.  x being somewhere below rand(20) * 365.  Either they are in,
rejected, or the application closed because of a lack of interest on the
developer's part.

> You need some familiarity with the process, or else the individual
> situations of the applicants, in order to claim that their status is unjust.

    No, I never said their status was unjust.  I said the process appears
broken.  Two completely different statements.  I cannot think of any
conceivable justification for ANY application to be present for years.  That
has nothing to do with just or unjust.