Re: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?

* Emile van Bergen <emile-deb@evbergen.xs4all.nl> [030806 17:04]:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 03:03:07PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> > * Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> [030806 13:43]:

> > Perhaps we disagree what MTA means. I consider for example ssmpt to be a
> > MTA.
>
> So netscape and pine, both of which contain an SMTP /client/, are MTAs??

They have something like an integrated MTA. All I miss there is
to accept a mail in the used form when invoked as /usr/{sbin,lib}/sendmail.
(which is really not that much compared to smtp handling)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.