Re: About NM and Next Release

#include <hallo.h>
* Halil Demirezen [Wed, Aug 06 2003, 05:29:54PM]:

> We believe we could be helpful. However, We are trying to be cut off

What makes you believe this? Many people helped Debian development on
critical points like boot-floppies and debian-installer development
_without_ beeing a DD and without permanent bitching about their state -
but somehow I cannot found YOUR name among them.

The same is with many other RC bugs. You can make a package update, send
the diff to the BTS and retitle the bug report, appending "Maintainer
MIA, NMU required", for example. All this things are possible w/o having
a c00l @d.o mail addy.

> Debian Maintainers are becoming too elite. However, outside world becoming
> more excluded. And Debian finally is becoming so obsolete.

Interessting analysis. Many things that hold up the release can only be
solved by active and experienced maintainers since the packages are often
essential. New developers can help maintaining them in cooperation with
main developer and get the experience after some time and reading of the
policy, developers reference, lib packaging guide, etc, but having a
sponsor between them and the upload queue is still better.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Ein Kerl wie ein Baum - sie nannten ihn "Bonsai"