Re: NM non-process

Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> writes:

> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:07:40 -0400
> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
>> Not if the projects have different goals.
>
>     If the goal is the same only the process to that goal is broken then it is
> a waste of time and effort.

Not if a new projects succedes in reaching that goal in a way superior
to how the present Debian reaches the goal.

Organizing a project from scratch can turn out to be the only way
change bureaucracy and infrastructure that may make the goal harder to
reach. "Plan to throw one away" can also be a good thing on the
organizatoinal level.

This is only abstract observations I'm not saying that Debian is in a
state where it is necessary. I have no ideas for how to change Debian
in a rational way whith the present goal as I see it.

--
 Peter Makholm     |    According to the hacker ethic, the meaning of life
 peter@makholm.net |            is not Friday, but it is not Sunday either