Re: Future releases of Debian

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 05:24:41PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 09:31:14AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> [snip, just an ACK]
> >> I do not have any deep insights in any of these (especially on the
> >> installer) but I seriously hope that they will have been dealt with
> >> at the end of year, adding 4 months of freeze this would result in
> >> May 2004.
>
> > 4 months for a freeze is _very_ optimistic.
>
> How long did the last one take? Iirc about 6 months, including a quite

The base packages for woody were frozen on 30 Nov 2001 or 9 Dec 2001
(depending on what exactly you call the beginning of the woody freeze)
[1].

Debian 3.0 was released on 19 Jul 2002 [2].

IOW, the woody freeeze took between 7 and 8 months.

>            cu andreas

cu
Adrian

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2001/debian-devel-announce-200111/msg00016.html