Re: Proposal: removing libc5, altgcc and all their old-days dependencies

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 08:23:04PM +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be>:
>
> > > Tried mozilla recently? It's a thousand times better than Netscape 4.7x
> > > was... Although I've still had it vanish a couple of times recently. It
> > > doesn't hang like NS though.
> >
> > There are some sites that still require Netscape 4.77. A good example is
> > an online banking site here in Belgium, which 'supports' Linux, but you
> > need to use Netscape to be able to use that site.
>
> Even if you use konqueror and change the UserAgent it provides?

AIUI, yes. They use some bugs in NS as 'features'. However, I'm not a
customer with that bank (mine works almost perfectly with mozilla (at
least to an amount that makes it useful for me)), so I can't give you
any details

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a