Re: kernel 2.5.73+, fakeroot, debuild - a small problem

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:30:32PM +1000, Herbert Xu scribbled:
> Marek Habersack <grendel@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >  Running debuild as normal user under the 2.5.73+ kernel results in fakeroot
> > actually setting the file ownership to root (or any other uid/gid for that
> > matter). The result is that the parts which don't run under fakeroot -
>
> Why is fakeroot calling the real chown(2)?
No idea. Anyhow, I posted to lkml and it seems that the default value for
the sysctl was a mistake. It will be corrected in the next Linus' release.
But the sysctl itself won't go away.

marek