Re: new packages queue

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:15:43PM +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
> El día 18 jun 2003, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar escribía:
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:11:56AM +0200, Pierre Machard wrote:
> > > Your package require a manual action in oder to enter into the pool.
> > > That's why a progressing web page or something like that is not
> > > available.
> > >
> > > Once your package get into debian, then you can have an overview of its
> > > status from packages.qa.debian.org
> >
> > I knew that. I was asking just in case that service was available.
>
>   When it's accepted to come in the archive, you'll receive a ACCEPTED
>   mail from Katie telling you that, and you'll be able to see it in
>   http://incoming.debian.org
>
>   Having a page showing that isn't very important, as the only info you
>   can show is the same you know yet: the package is in NEW or in
>   ACCEPTED queues.

What abou the size of the NEWs queue, and the relative position of your
package in it. To be usefull, this would imply that the ftp-masters
operate the NEW queue in fifo order, which may or may not be the case.

Waiting for a package to be accepted (or rejected) is a lengthy and/or
frustrating business, but as i understand there is no way around it.

Also, many packages go into the news queue while this is not really
necessary, for example, is it really necessary for a new soname version
of a library to wait in the news queue, when the previous version did
already be packaged ? Or the new kernel-source package ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther