Re: [ruby] Proposal: ruby 1.6.8 for stable

At Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:41:02 -0500,
Branden Robinson wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 03:26:10AM +0900, Fumitoshi UKAI wrote:
> > Hi, Ruby users in debian.
>
> If it's the users you want to address, why not mail debian-user?

Since I don't subscribe debian-user and there are no debian-ruby list yet,
so I'd like to hear from ruby programers or ruby script/library package
maintainers first.

> > Backporting only important functionality fixes is another option, but
> > I'm afraid that it would introduce another problem by backporting since
> > there are many fixes. Ruby 1.6.8 package is known to work in unstable for
> > long time.  So, we prefer 1.6.8 to backporting.
> >
> > Any comments?
>
> I think you probably have to convince Martin Schulze more than the
> users.

Yeah, I will.

I'm wondering that some problems in 1.6.7 have potential security issues,
such as Thread.status singal bug, Queue#pop race condition bug, Dir.glob
bug and so on.

Anyway, is it worth to upgrade to 1.6.8 or backporting from 1.6.8 for stable?
Or are most ruby programer using unstable? :-)

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI