Re: texmf.cnf again

Hi all,

I was a bit surprised to see that nobody recognized
that texmf.cnf was not a configuration file any more.

It was put under /var/lib/texmf/web2c (which is symlinked
to /usr/share/texmf/web2c) already, so there is no policy
violation problem.

It is completely not necessary but I provided
/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf and symlink it to /var/lib/texmf/web2c
only if a user choose obsolete style.

# If anyone think that even this is problem, I might remove
# /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf completely but this could be, practically,
# of help for some users.

And update-texmf checks if /var/lib/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
is a real file or symlink before overwriting it so, basically,
it did the same check as Marcelo's request, IMHO.

So the default should be yes and I will do so at the moment.
If there is any improvement, please let us know.  I welcome any
improvement if it is simle enough ;-)

Thanks all.
				2003-6-12(Thu)
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>