Re: automake/autoconf/libtool -- convince me

Colin Walters wrote:
> I very much disagree with "short hop".  If they need to be hacking the
> configure.ac, they'll probably need to be hacking other things too in
> the upstream source, and who knows what other kinds of tools they'll
> need, like docbook, gob, etc.

Dmitry's mutt example is a fine example. Just applying a third-party
patch breaks because of nasty hacks.

I don't understand your comments about docbook and gob, because of course,
if my upstream source has xml docs, I will already be build-depending on
whatever is needed to build them. Same with generated GUI stuff although I
don't have any of that.

--
see shy jo