Re: automake/autoconf/libtool -- convince me

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 01:21:54PM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:

> I had complaints related to this with aspell, so I ended up caving in
> and leaving the auto-junk in the diff.

When I've run into a similar problem in the past I ended up just giving
people the stable packaging on top of the current upstream release to
use (this was due to the introduction of debconf so a backport was
completely out of the question).  That seemed to work quite well for me.