Re: ITP: latex209 -- macro files of LaTeX 2.09 25-mar-1992 version

From: Agustin Martin Domingo <agmartin@aq.upm.es>
Subject: Re: ITP: latex209 -- macro files of LaTeX 2.09 25-mar-1992 version
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:50:39 +0200

> I am cc'ing this message to the debian-tetex-maint list. I think they
> would also like to know about this and will have a much better knowledge
> than I have about how possible it is and the incompatibilities that
> might arise.

Even in the latest teTeX 2.0.2, there are settings in texmf.cnf
as follows;

TEXINPUTS.latex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.latex209 = .;$TEXMF/tex/{latex209,generic,latex,}//

that is, there is basically no problem to provide latex209
macros under $TEXMF/tex/latex209 if the command was called
"latex209".

Thanks,				2003-5-19(Mon)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.