Re: Where are translated man pages packaged?

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> > I agree with Wouter. For me would be an issue having the base system
> > bigger than it is now. Specially preparing very small "black box" where i
> > need to save as much space as i can even during the installation phase.
>
> Can't you basically just 'rm -rf /usr/share/doc /usr/share/man' if
> you're tight on space?

Of course... but also during the installation?

I don't mind at all cleaning up after... but during is a bit of a pain..

more than once i had to install small dns servers on boxes with less than
100Mb flash and stuff like that... so basically also the minimal
installation has to be tight.. then rm doc and man and after install the
minimum sets of pkgs to provide the services.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html