Re: Do not touch l10n files

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 03:40:57PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:25:56PM +0100, Thom May wrote:
> > * Denis Barbier (barbier@linuxfr.org) wrote :
> > > It has already been told more than once: in French, an itemized list is
> > > preferred over a comma separated list when it gives a very long sentence.
> >
> > Now, preferred, in English, means "more desirable than another" not "we must
> > use this at all costs". So, again. We have said we don't like the layout and
> > would *prefer* that the translators change it.
>
> Following your definition of "prefer", you ask us to change it, but will
> accomodate otherwise.  This is fine with me, let's see what the translator
> will decide.

It's the package maintainer's preference that controls, unless he is
overruled.  The procedures for overruling a maintainer's decision are
described in the Constitution.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      When dogma enters the brain, all
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual activity ceases.