possible problem for debian was [NTP considered basic] misc@openbsd.org

Hi,
I just catched this conversation on the misc OpenBSD mailinglist.
Does this in any way afflict debian?

greets Uwe
--
X-Tec GmbH
Institute for Computer and Network Security
> I'd like to encourage the OpenBSD developers to move
> NTP support into the "base" package.

We cannot.  The code is not free enough.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
>  Theo de Raadt Wednesday, May 14, 2003 10:14 AM
>  > I'd like to encourage the OpenBSD developers to move
>  > NTP support into the "base" package.
>
>  We cannot.  The code is not free enough.

I'm curious if you could be more specific here, because at first glance
it seems the NTP copyright is at even less restrictive than the berkeley
copyright (i.e. it does not require mention in advertising as bsd's
does).  I copy the entirety below.
Rick
* Copyright (c) David L. Mills 1992-2003                              *
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and   *
* its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby         *
* granted, provided that the above copyright notice appears in all    *
* copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission       *
* notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the name        *
* University of Delaware not be used in advertising or publicity      *
* pertaining to distribution of the software without specific,        *
* written prior permission. The University of Delaware makes no       *
* representations about the suitability this software for any         *
* purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied          *
* warranty.                                                           *

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and   *
* its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby         *
* granted, provided that the above copyright notice appears in all    *

this is a misplaced modifier that has a 2nd meaning -- that it cannot
be sold.  i've talked to lawyers.  it's a real problem, and they say
they won't fix it.

sorry.

--- End Message ---