Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Clay Crouch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> My most humble apologies.

Doubt that.  You haven't changed your ways.

> It has become quite clear that the culture that the DD community
> shares has evolved in my absence. My absence disallowed me to
> evolve with it. The culture you now enjoy is not the one I left.

The culture has not evolved.  It has always been this way.

You have changed, and lost focus with what the free software community is.
Barely anyone in that community does what you are requiring.

> I truly didn't expect to be attacked on my first post. I also
> truly didn't expect to be further lambasted from all quarters
> for responding to them.

Then you truly don't get it.  You were asking for it, by including such a
blatant slap in the face.

> I know now that I have no place in your current culture. Debian
> has moved on, and so have I. The old saw about never being able
> to go "back" has just been reinforced in my mind.

Shrug, it's not our loss.  I won't shed any tears.