Re: Do not touch l10n files

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:27:34AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2003 12:07:29 +0200, Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@tuxfamily.org> said:
>
> > Your engagement for the quality of your package is really
> > great. Only, I think that you are not responsible of the
> > translation.
>
> 	The maintainer is responsible for the package. And, unless the
>  translation is not part of the package, the maintainer is responsible
>  for it.

Then, since, as far as I know the DDTP is _not_ included in the package the
maintainer is not responsible for it. The description is used by package
management tools, there is no such thing (I might be wrong) as a
Description-XX: field in the debian/control file (with XX being the code of
any given language)

So, in this case, the dipute is settled. Not so much, however, for debconf
messages which have been included in the DDTP recently [1]

Friendly

Javi

[1] http://ddtp.debian.org/stats/debconf/index.en.html