Re: security in testing

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:07:16AM +0300, Chris Leishman wrote:
Yes, there are. But all of these loose one of the main reasons I feel we even have a testing distribution - to have people testing it.

You are falling into the trap of overselling testing. Having people test
testing at this point in the development cycle is useless, because the
real activity is in unstable. You're trying to make testing something it
isn't, then trying to reshape policy to meet your idea of what testing
should be. You're hardly the first to do that, but it's no more correct
this time. I strongly recommend that *nobody* run testing as a everyday
system, because it just isn't a good choice for that. All the complaints
we see every couple of weeks about testing would be swept away if people
followed this advice and simply didn't use testing.

Mike Stone