Re: The Debian Mentors Project

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 11:40:04PM -0400, Joe Nahmias wrote:

> If I may make a suggestion, a user should only be able to upload a
> package that either:
>
> a) doesn't appear in the repository
>
> - -or-
>
> b) already has the uploader as maintainer
>
> - -or-
>
> c) has a RFA/O bug filed in WNPP

What I would suggest is similar.  If the package has never been
uploaded to the mentors repository, require that it be
moderated/approved by a DD.  After that, a package in the mentor
system can only be superceded by the packages "maintainer" (i.e., the
non-DD who is "responaible" for the package) or a DD.

What, you say people shouldn't trust the binaries for any purpose?  If
so, why have them there in the first place?  Just let it be a place
where the apt deb-src repository can be made available....

						- Ted