Re: OO build-depends on tcsh (Was: Debian MIA check)

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 11:26:42PM +0200, Nicolas Kratz wrote:

> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 04:59:25PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > tcsh as a build-dependency?  Seems like a bug in openoffice.  That
> > should be fixed regardless of whether we keep tcsh.
>
> ISTR that lots of the upstream build scripts need tcsh. The issue has come
> up once or twice in the past.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2002/debian-openoffice-200205/msg00226.html

I agree with Emmanuel le Chevoir in that thread when he said "eeeeeeeek!"

csh is broken for purposes of writing scripts, and tcsh is just csh with
enhancements for interactive use, as far as I recall.

I don't have the disk space to unpack openoffice.org, and neither does
auric, so I can't look right now.  The one script I was able to see was
about 60 lines and was mostly "echo" commands with one "setenv", and could
be trivially changed to work with any shell.

--
 - mdz