Re: show all Suggests packages not installed

On Monday 12 May 2003 04:40 pm, Brian May wrote:
> Also, just blindly purging packages can be dangerous, in some cases old
> packages will purge files used by newer packages that are still used by
> the system.

I'm pretty sure that would be a bug.  You should report this behavior if you
see it.  Although I won't deny this happens, purging completely unused
packages is generally a good idea, unless you want your system building up a
nice history of everything it has ever been used for.

 - Keegan