Re: noicon.xpm?

Em 11 May 2003 10:12:49 +0300, Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> escreveu:

> An icon that only says "this application doesn't have an icon of its
> own" doesn't help the user at all. It doesn't help the user visually
> find the application in a menu, since the same icon is used for many
> unrelated items. What it does do is add to the visual clutter in a menu,
> which makes things worse, rather than better, and makes pattern
> recognition harder.

A menu with some icons missing can lead to confusion. It looks inconsistent.
I remember the usability stufy done by Sun on GNOME some time ago, people
thought the menu items were toggle buttons. The ones that had icons were
enabled and so on.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>