Re: Some important orphaned packages

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 12:22:29PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> [2003.05.11.1115 +0200]:
> >  >  #192660: O: makepasswd -- Generate and encrypt passwords
> > What does this package do that mkpasswd (from the whois package) cannot
> > do?
>
> I don't think a lot.

You can't have read both the makepasswd package description and the
mkpasswd man page, then.

> Also, there is pwgen, which I like a lot.
> I don't think it's bad if makepasswd gets dropped.

It wouldn't be a complete disaster, although makepasswd's password
generation options are slightly differently flexible than pwgen's (e.g.
--string, --minchars/--maxchars, --rerandom), so I can understand why
people would want to use it in preference.