Re: request-tracker and wwsympa

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 03:43:16PM +0200, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> On Fri, 9 May 2003 16:25:46 +1000
> Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > These packages won't coexist.
> >
> > request-tracker depends on libcgi-pm-perl
> > wwsympa depends on libcgi-fast-perl
> > libcgi-pm-perl conflicts with libcgi-fast-perl
> >
> > It looks like this situation may not be resolvable of stable, because
> > the latest unstable versions of wwsympa and request-tracker appear to
> > require perl 5.8.
>
> wwsympa doesn't require Perl 5.8. Additionally, it is possible to
> run wwsympa without libcgi-fast-perl, but not recommended.

I stand corrected, both request-tracker and wwsympa I think will install
without perl 5.8.

However, it still doesn't solve the issue that they are not installable
at the same time.

Also, does libcgi-fast-perl provide any benifit without
libapache-mod-fastcgi? libapache-mod-fastcgi is in non-free...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>