Re: libgphoto2 needs to be rebuild on alpha (or not)

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:40:41AM -0400, christophe barbe wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 10:57:42AM -0400, christophe barbe wrote:
> > Thanks to the enlightening Bjorn Stenberg script, I finally understood
> > why gphoto2 was not entering in testing (at least one reason preventing
> > it).

> > It appears that the current libgphoto2 on alpha is linked against an old
> > libexif. What is the best way of dealing with this? I guess there is a
> > better way than to simply upload a new libgphoto2 for all archs.
> > Can someone rebuild it or do I have access to an debian/alpha machine to
> > do it myself?

> Sorry It was before the coffee. I am back to the confusion.
> libgphoto2 was built against the last libexif on alpha and both seems ok
> on alpha.

> I don't understand the output of
>    http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=libexif
> What is the problem on alpha?

Installing the new libexif package makes the old gphoto2 package
uninstallable.

gphoto2 2.0final-4 Depends: libexif5

The new version of libexif provides libexif8, not libexif5.  Therefore,
moving the new libexif package into testing breaks gphoto2.  This can
probably be fixed by moving gphoto2 and libexif into testing together,
but there are currently too many packages in the list to try all
combinations automatically.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer