Re: Emacs - Ispell problem with i[no]german dictionary

Andreas Tille wrote:
(Next local Ispell command will use german-new8 dictionary)
<M-x ispell-buffer><RET>
Ispell misalignment: word `Br' point 5; probably incompatible versions

I can not reproduce this problem when calling ispell at command line but
I'm not sure whether this is a problem of emacs or the new ispell.

I cannot reproduce that problem here, using as example the ingerman README file.

Such problems seem to be related to the black magic emacs and ispell.el do to handle multibyte characters. I have sometimes seen them when in the ispell.el string for a language there is something different than latin1 as coding system. Seems that in that case a strange type of conversion is sometimes intended while when latin1 is set the strings are passed to ispell unchanged.

Have you emacsen entries for ispell in your ~/.emacs file?

--
Agustin