Re: Please notify the maintainers when removing packages

On Sunday 04 May 2003 19:55, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, 4 May 2003 17:34:39, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:
[..]
> > Sure, and you have to scan 757 entries for checking if one of your
> > package is going to be removed.
>
> 	Umm, I generally check to see if my name is no the list, using
>  string search mechanisms of my MUA. Doesn't your MUA allow you to...
>   search for strings in the mail received?

This is something I do as well. I still believe however that it'd be nice to
notify the maintainer separately, because I can easily imagine the case where
I search every bugscan mail for a long time, and when my name never appears
in the list my wariness falters and then, as things tend to go, one of the
next mails will contain what I was searching for all the time, without me
reading it...

Cheers,
Yven

--