Re: Some questions about dependencies

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 12:12:36PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 09:27:33AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > "a-35" means that after experimentally adding ocaml to testing there are
> > 35 uninstallable packages on alpha. However, testing isn't in a perfect
> > state, so there are usually some uninstallable packages to begin with.
> > On that day, it seems that testing started out with 5 uninstallable
> > packages on alpha, hence the difference.
>
> Could you (or someone) add this to the testing faq, it had me (and
> probably others) wondering about it for days.

It's there already!

  The update_output.txt file is completely unreadable!

  That is not a question. ;-)

  Let's take an example:

   skipped: cln (0) (150+4)
       got: 167+0: a-40:a-33:h-49:i-45
       * i386: ginac-cint, libginac-dev

  This means that if cln goes into "testing", ginac-cint and
  libginac-dev become uninstallable in "testing" on i386. Note that the
  architectures are checked in alphabetical order and only the problems
  on the first architecture with problems are shown -- that's why the
  alpha architecture is shown so often.

  The "got" line includes the number of problems in "testing" on the
  different architectures (until the first architecture where a problem
  is found -- see above). The "i-45" means that if cln would go into
  "testing", there would be 45 uninstallable packages on i386. Some of
  the entries above and below cln show there were 43 uninstallable
  packages in "testing" on i386 at the time.

Cheers,