Re: i386 compatibility & libstdc++

On pe, 2003-04-25 at 11:09, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> They just don't support i386 anymore.
>
> http://www.suse.de/en/private/products/suse_linux/i386/system_requirements.html
> http://www.redhat.com/software/linux/technical/
>
> You got to have a Pentium+ for these distributions.
>
> This is quite reasonable, IMO: People with older hardware
> can use older versions of these distributions (which they are
> running probably already, anyway).

So using a 386 as a router and firewall, which it is perfectly capable
of hardwarewise, isn't going to be an option anymore? For such purposes,
running an older version of Debian (or whatever distribution) isn't an
option, since you have to be able to get security updates.

I could live with that, but I think it'd be a shame.