Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:43:24 -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:46:32 +1000, Martin Pool <mbp@sourcefrog.net> said:
>> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:53:14 -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> I was intentionally using moderate language because (a) I don't
>> believe it is strictly plagiarism (as you say),
>
> 	You need a modifier strictly there? You think it was loosely
>  plagiarism?

We are going over old ground here: Various organizations contributed
to development of reiserfsprogs.  They were credited in the upstream
source, but acknowledgment of their contribution was completely
removed from one version of the Debian package.  Failing to give
credit where it is due is not a million miles away from plagiarism.

> If you start out by being rude, what ought you to expect?

I am not in the business of defending Hans's negotiating technique.

> The fact that the outcome reached meets your desires in no way
> mitigates the bias you were displaying.

Can you be more specific about what bias I am supposed to have?

> Wanting Debian to fawn over authors...

You are simply exaggerating, and it's a bit silly.

> If you do not think your view point is biased, then I am sorry to
> say I am not wearing those blinkers.

You're sorry because you wish you were wearing blinkers?

--
Martin