Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:35:48PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> I object: There is always a cause why a certain message is output. A
> debian maintainer should (morally) at least ask what the upstream
> maintainer thinks about removing the sponsorship message and remove it
> against the will of the upstream maintainer only in very rare cases
> after appropriate discussions within the debian project. Everything

I'm merely defending the actions of the maintainer: it's not obvious to
me that summarily removing a clearly objectionable 24-line sponsorship
message is objectionable, as long as actual author credits (copyright
notices) remain.

I'm willing to disagree on this.

(And, although Hans says the issue was resolved, I still don't believe
he's said publically exactly which issue we've been talking about ...)

--
Glenn Maynard