Re: stop the "manage with debconf" madness

> Perhaps it would, if it had not come on the tails of a string of
unwarranted
> insults against other developers (most of whom seem to agree with my ideas
> on the technical subject under discussion).

The closest I got to an insult was accusing Manoj of having a prune up his
rear. In comparison I have been called most names under the sun in both
public and private responses to my emails. This matches with my assertion
that a minority of people get too excited when their precious Debian is
perceived to be under attack or not technically pure enough (another issue
not directly related to this thread).

All I have said to date is that the overwrite question was suggested in the
past by another developer as a way of dealing with the problem when it came
up before. Some of us implemented the suggestion and it seems no one has had
a problem with it until now (I have had no bug reports on this). There are
other suggestions now that may accomplish the same thing (though I don't
like the XML or UCF stuff as they add dependencies) and when the dust has
settled I'm sure I will implement the recommendation put forward.

Matt.