Re: Upcoming removal of orphaned packages

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> biomode -- [Biology] An Emacs mode to edit genetic data [#100215]
>   * Orphaned 671 days ago
I hope that the bugs will be fixed soon - at least I have heard rumors
that work is going on.

> bugsx -- evolve biomorphs using genetic algorithms [#86636]
>   * Orphaned 780 days ago
> fastlink -- [Biology] A faster version of pedigree programs of Linkage [#100221]
>   * Orphaned 671 days ago
I see no reason to remove bug free packages.  I just used to take over all
orphaned packages which have bugs filed on it in the past.  As long as
theses packages are free of bugs I see no reason for an upload.  In
general I would offer to care for biology related packages if noone else
would be able to do this instead of me.

> freetds-jdbc -- Pure Java JDBC driver for MS SQL and Sybase [#117543]
>   * Orphaned 529 days ago
ACK.  I was the former maintainer and think if noone insists it can be removed.

> mpsql -- A graphical frontend for PostgreSQL [#89957]
>   * Orphaned 755 days ago
It would be great if someone would step in here.  Graphical frontends to
PostgreSQL are quite rare.

> njplot -- [Biology] A tree drawing program [#100249]
>   * Orphaned 671 days ago
Same as for bugsx and fastlink.  If you think the wishlist bug is a
problem I would care for it soon.

> sabre -- Fighter plane simulator. [#175226]
>   * Orphaned 97 days ago
>   * 1 RC bugs.
Hmm, would be a shame if noone would care for it.  My son likes it and
the bugs on it do not seem really hard, IMHO.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

PS: In general I like the idea to consolidate the archive ...

--
Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy