Re: Two weeks notice

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Jesus Climent wrote:
> From The Register [1]:
>
> "Two Weeks Notice
>
> On the bright side, at least Red Hat and Mandrake have policies that
> will allow me to plan, or to make other arrangements. I still have a
> bad taste in my mouth from the Debian 2.1 support debacle. On
> September 14th, 2000, the Debian project announced that, as of
> September 30th, support for Debian 2.1 would be dropped entirely."

Quite nice that the author ignores the fact that the anouncement asked
for feedback from users of slink, and that the cessation of i386
support was extended[1] until October 30th based on that feedback.

Ahh, journalism without adequately checking the facts...

Don Armstrong

1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/debian-security-announce-2000/msg00043.html
--
You could say she lived on the edge... Well, maybe not exactly on the edge,
just close enough to watch other people fall off.

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu