Re: cvs.debian.org problem

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 06:20:34PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > I see.  One more reason for me to refuse to create more random CVS
> > > repositories under cvs.debian.org since I don't create the anonymous
> > > account if people don't request it.
> >
> > And why are you doing that ? I see no point in not giving CVS anonymous
> > access when we have a web interface ... and when all the code is under a
> > free license. It makes it just more difficult for people to contribute
> > (they can't use cvs diff for example).

It needs to be done manually, which is why I want to get away from that
scheme and new repositories should only be created automatically at
alioth (the sourceforge clone), once it is online.  As this discussion
has demonstrated, having to do everything by hand leads to errors.

> This should probably all be fixed by getting the sourceforge-like system
> online, where these things won't need manual intervention (I hope?).

Exactly.  At least I hope that things go automatically there.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi