Re: Some ideas about the Debian Runlevel System

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 03:28:43PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
Then you should define the dependencies more precise, that is it.

In theory, yes. You still haven't addressed the "more trouble than it's
worth" argument. In practice this is not something I see users crying
out for. I know that the lack of init script runtime dependencies
certainly isn't causing problems for me.

daemons, DynDNS clients, etc.). That is all only a question of a proper
(internal mini-)policy, and this can work among the maintainers if
several developers come together, write it down and make it public
somewhere.

If all the developers get together and talk about it, they can make it
work using the current init system.

Mike Stone