Re: cvs.debian.org problem

Thomas Wouters wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:05:53AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > F. Heitkamp wrote:
> > > I am trying to log into
> > > :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:2401/cvs/debian-gcc
> > > (see page: http://cvs.debian.org/?cvsroot=debian-gcc)
>
> > > When I: cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-gcc login
> > > I get:
>
> > > Fatal error, aborting.
> > > anonymous: no such user
>
> > Please forgive my ignorance, but where does it say that there is an
> > anonymous user for this repository?
>
> At the top of the page :)

*blush*

> """
> Debian CVS repositories are available via anonymous CVS pserver using a
> CVSROOT of :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/project-root, where
> project-root is one of the projects you see listed in the pull-down menu
> below. The login password is blank (press enter).
> """
>
> And the first project root in the pull-down menu is 'debian-gcc'.

I see.  One more reason for me to refuse to create more random CVS
repositories under cvs.debian.org since I don't create the anonymous
account if people don't request it.

The text is now changed slightly.

Regards,

	Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
	-- Larry Wall