Re: cvs.debian.org problem

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:05:53AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> F. Heitkamp wrote:
> > I am trying to log into
> > :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:2401/cvs/debian-gcc
> > (see page: http://cvs.debian.org/?cvsroot=debian-gcc)

> > When I: cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-gcc login
> > I get:

> > Fatal error, aborting.
> > anonymous: no such user

> Please forgive my ignorance, but where does it say that there is an
> anonymous user for this repository?

At the top of the page :)

"""
Debian CVS repositories are available via anonymous CVS pserver using a
CVSROOT of :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/project-root, where
project-root is one of the projects you see listed in the pull-down menu
below. The login password is blank (press enter).
"""

And the first project root in the pull-down menu is 'debian-gcc'.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>