Re: ntop build library problems (libgd2/rrdtool)

--On Saturday, January 25, 2003 11:44:30 PM -0500 Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:45:24AM +0100, Dennis Sch?n wrote:

Any idea how this can be resolved? Or will libgd2 and rrdtool in the
near future switch to libpng3?

Debian librrd currently uses libpng2 and libgd1.  The librrd in rrdtool
1.1.x uses libpng3, and no longer uses libgd (it uses libart instead), so
this problem will go away when the next stable branch of rrdtool is
released.

I am not sure whether it is desirable to try to fix this another way.
I think this sort of breakage will always happen without versioned symbols
or some other facility for avoiding such conflicts.
Ok, then I'll just have to wait for the next librrd release.

Many thanks for your explanation.

Dennis
--
Wanting to kill yourself after loosing a game of Go is extreme, sure,
but not unheard-of.