Re: libexec dir

In chiark.mail.debian.devel, you wrote:
>     Is a libexec dir any kind of a standard?  My upstream has
>configured dictd to look for user-compiled plugins in
>/usr/local/libexec, and I have never heard of such a libexec
>directory.

Traditionally, I believe that libexec is the home for exectuable
binaries that needn't be run directly by a user (including root).
Examples would be network daemons launched from inetd or the runtime
dynamic linker. We tend to put then in either lib or bin instead.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org