Re: A birthday message and a RFS for Film Gimp 0.13-1

Hi

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 03:12:28PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com> wrote:
> > Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> writes:
> [...]
> >> But imnsho it is a waste of effort - Either
> >> Debian finds a second account manager who shall act independently or
> >> the numbers won't get better. I've read this mailinglist long enough
> >> to realize that it is no simple quest to find somebody qualified,
> >> trusted and willing to do this job.
>
> > I think that's rather insulting to the AMs and advocates involved in the
> > process.  Do you think they are so untrustworthy that having an
> > extremely scrutinizing DAM is that important to the process?  To me, a
> > DAM should simply review the application and accept it if there are no
> > anomalies.  If there are anomalies, he can ask for further action from
> > the AM until the issues are resolved.  I can't imagine there are
> > shortage of people in Debian qualified to do this.
>
> I do not want to insult anybody, but usually these discussions start
> "I've been waiting in the NM queue for DAM approval ..." and not "I am
> AM and I think that DAM approval should be a simple formality."

Well I'm an AM and I think that DAM approval should be (almost) a simple
formality. At least more people should be allowed to do DAM job so that
more than one person is accepting the applicant (and checks that the AM
has done a good job, at least newbie AM:s can need that). After such a
check the rest of the DAM thing should be a simple formality.

Regards,

// Ola