Re: A birthday message and a RFS for Film Gimp 0.13-1

Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org> writes:

> Where are these statistics from? I'm not necessarily doubting them, but
> I can't seem to find any such information on nm.debian.org. Also,
> apparently I'm the statistical anomaly, because I was recommended on
> Nov. 5, had my account made Dec. 2, and I've never worked on d-i. That
> does make me doubt the statistics, because I'm never that lucky. :)

Yes, you are in fact the lucky one.

> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 15:26, Brian Nelson wrote:
>> * 69 people submitted applications
>> * 18 applicants were recommended by their AM's
>> * 3 applicants became maintainers (2 of which were "fast-tracked"
>>   because of their work on d-i)

These numbers are from debian-newmaint "AM Report for Week Ending..."
mails.  I did not double-check my arithmetic, but they should be close.
I know the 3 NM's are right.

>> which doesn't reflect the 30 or so applicants who have been awaiting
>> DAM approval since before October 20.

30 is my estimation based on inspection of nmlist.php, and the
statistics on the nm.d.o front page.  According to Ola's recent the
number of qualified, active applicants is somewhere between 40 and 55 as
of a couple months ago.  Hence, my estimation of 30 before October 20.

Snip of Ola's report:

     58 applicants completed AM stage but not approved by DAM.
      7 too new, so not investigated.
     40 responded in one and a half day from when I sent the mail.
     50 responded after more than one and a half day. Vacation?
      4 not yet responded (short wait period ~ 24 h).
      3 not responded at all (wait > 3 months).
      2 with smtp error.
      3 no signature from a DD.
      1 key problem fixed.
      1 people with special requirements.
      7 with wrong dates in nm database.

--
My secret to happiness... is that I have a heart of a 12-year-old boy.
It's over here in a jar.  Would you like to see it?