Re: x86-64 port of debian/linux

* Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [030108 10:44]:
> * Bart Trojanowski <bart@jukie.net> [2003-01-08 09:30]:
> > I would like to get the ball rolling on porting Debian to this hardware.
> > But before I go any further I would like to know if anyone else has
> > started anything yet -- my web search revealed no such activity.
>
> I think the port is just waiting for someone with such hardware to
> come and go ahead...

AMD hints at the mass production (and hence availability) of the low-end
Athlon64 chips in this half of 2003.  I am not sure how much of that is
marketing, but perhaps it's time to make debian-x86-64 list and get
something rolling -- even if we cannot test it on real hardware yet.

> There were also some discussions with some AMD folks about a possible
> hardware loan, but apparently nothing came out of it.

Do you have names/emails of parties involved in this conversation?

Cheers.
Bart.

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/