Re: Who should I report source audits too?

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 10:10:06PM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:

> >   I hope a little duplication of effort isn't a problem, because I just
> >  started to create some webpages myself:
> >
> > 	http://www.steve.org.uk/Debian/
> >
> "Debian rough audits" is at https://sourceforge.net/projects/debraudit/ ,
> but has almost nothing. I have a brief plan on the web site and a trove
> description. I've been waiting until I had more time to investigate rough
> auditing tools. I'd actually like to see a regular audit of all Debian
> code similar to what it sounds that OpenBSD likes.

	Even if not being Debian-specific I just wanted to make you aware
of an audit project for Linux-security related software available at
Sardonix: https://sardonix.org/

	Steve, I believe they already have a database ready for audits
including popular programs.

	Why not cooperate with them and put the results of your audits in
that site too? Maybe you could audit Debian-related packages and submit
information both to them, to the upstream developers and to the Debian
security team.

	Just my 2 cents. Regards

	Javi