Re: gcc 3.2 transition in unstable

Sebastian Rittau writes:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 06:54:20PM +0000, Eduardo Pérez Ureta wrote:
> > And Debian changed sonames in the gcc-3.2 transition there shouldn't be
> > any problem.
>
> There is. Incompability with the LSB is worse than incompability with
> prior Debian versions. (Otherwise we shouldn't have made the FHS
> transition, either.)

Note, that the LSB doesn't talk yet about C++ compatibility. There is
discussion about adding C++ to the LSB. See

AFAIK g++-3.3 still has ABI changes compared to g++-3.2, so there may
be another ABI change. In Autumn 2002 there has been a discussion of
adding a compatibility flag to retain g++-3.2 compatibility in
g++-3.3, but I didn't follow this discussion ...

Matthias