Re: ANNC: New Debbugs

On 31-Dec-02, 16:54 (CST), Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> wrote:
> What I would like to see in the discussion that results from this email,
> are new features people would like to see implemented.  I'll start it off
> with the list of features I plan on implementing.

* A way to programatically access BTS content w/o parsing HTML. A
specified schema, whether it's XML, LDAP, SQL, whatever.

Why: it would be very nice to be able to write a front-end to the BTS to
correctly read and manipulate bugs. THere have been a couple of stabs
at this before, but all foundered on the weight of parsing the HTML (or
perhaps lack of interest, or a combination.) There was, at one time,
IIRC, LDAP access, but it was an incomplete one-off, with no commitment
to maintain it.

Regards,
Steve

--