Re: Which lists must I subscribe, when I'm debian-maintainer?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 04:26:39PM +0100, Mateusz Papiernik wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got some problems with my mailbox, I mean I don't want
> to receive 500 mails per day :) Most of them are debian lists.
> Which of them I must subscribe? (i'm waiting for DAM approval
> new-maintainer). Acctualy I'm subscribing debian-devel,
> debian-devel-changes, debian-user-polish (I'm from Poland),
> debian-cd and debian-mentors. I think I'm not obligated to
> subscribe debian-cd/debian-mentors/debian-devel-changes, am I?
> Sorry for that post, but I've forgotten my AM mail with needed
> lists, so I'm asking here. Which lists can I safely unsubscribe?

To me, you'd better be subscribed at least to:
* debian-devel
* debian-devel-announces (IIRC this should be a `must').
* debian-mentors

Then, it depends on your way of contributing. Pick up your preferred lists
from:
* http://lists.debian.org/devel.html
* http://lists.debian.org/ports.html
* http://lists.debian.org/i18n.html

And don't forget to consider:
* debian-project
* debian-curiosa
* debian-legal

Of course, users oriented lists are at your discreption.
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][-A-Za-z]*[iy]'?s$   | as fine or rude sentences have